In almost a decade, Ikeyi Shittu & Co. has acquired extensive knowledge and experience working in the Nigeria’s agri-business sector. Ikeyi Shittu & Co. has handled several transactions relating to the establishment, development, management and financing of various agricultural projects in the country. We advise both multinational and indigenous agri-business companies as well as joint venture companies with government interests, in the establishment, development and management of several agricultural projects (including but not limited to modern plantations, cattle ranches, commercial poultry farms, greenhouses, marketing and exportation of fresh farm produce) in various states across the country.
Ikeyi Shittu & Co. began work for many of its clients operating in Nigeria’s agri-business sector at the time of their establishment, and brings to every engagement the exceptional depth of experience gained from understanding our clients’ visions to helping implement such visions by providing first-class services which our clients are entitled to expect at all times.
Highlights of our experience
We have advised and represented-
- A leading multinational agro-allied company in the establishment and operation of a cattle ranch, dairy production facility and abattoir in Lagos State.
- A multinational agro-based company in the establishment and operation of modern plantations, modern greenhouse vegetable farms and cattle ranches in various states in Nigeria, and export of fresh farm produce.
- A company engaged in poultry farming and manufacturing of livestock feed on various legal matters including negotiating and reviewing finance documents.
- A joint venture between a state government and an indigenous agro-based company in the establishment and operation of a large scale commercial poultry farm in Anambra State.
- A public listed agro-based company in Nigeria on various aspects of its business, including land acquisition, labour issues and financing transactions.
- A joint venture between two state governments in the establishment and operation of a rice milling project.
- A joint venture project between a multinational agro-based company and a state government in the development, operation and management of a rice plantation in Enugu State.
- A leading fund manager and advisory firm in its investment in an indigenous agro-based company in Kogi State.
- Various agro-based companies in Nigeria in litigation disputes that affect their title to land which is a very important factor in agri-business.
- Various agro-based companies in registering with the relevant tax agencies and obtaining necessary waivers relevant to the industry.