Our multi-disciplinary team provides both legal and commercial perspectives on every matter. We regularly advise on complex financial matters and provide unique solutions to financial institutions, corporate borrowers and lenders, private equity sponsors and a diverse range of financial intermediaries.
We advise both local and international clients, offering sound and pragmatic advice on their most important issues.
Highlights of our experience
Our experience includes legal and regulatory advice and transaction support to –
- a leading Chinese glass manufacturer listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on secured transactions, including the creation of a charge in favour of a foreign lender over assets located in Nigeria;
- a leading bank in Nigeria on the discounting of sovereign notes;
- an international project development company on transactions which leverage seed capital to develop large scale, private sector, green field projects;
- a premier Nigerian investment advisory and project development company on various investment and financing transactions;
- the leading small equipment hire franchise brand in Nigeria, providing specialist legal support and services;
- the promoters of a vehicle service contract product, which provides risk management and quality assurance for vehicles in Nigeria;
- a PE fund with a focus on agri-business on several portfolio investments;
- a leading listed insurance company on the restructuring of its debt and capital raise by way of special placement;
- Nigerian banks listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on some contentious matters;
- an international investment advisory firm on its acquisition of a super-majority interest in a publicly listed manufacturing company in Nigeria;
- a PE firm on its investment in a commercial bank in Nigeria;
- the investment arm of an international bank seeking to expand its investments into Nigeria, provided transaction support services, including legal and regulatory due diligence review on one of the largest information, communication and technology group of companies in West Africa; and
- an investment firm on the acquisition of three non-core subsidiaries of a Nigerian bank.