We have at various times provided advice to various public sector entities on a range of matters relating to economic and business law reforms. We have also provided legislative support to policy makers in the relevant federal and state government ministries, departments and agencies. Above all one of our partners served a full 4-year team as the Attorney-General & Commissioner for Justice in the Government of Enugu State of Nigeria between 2007 and 2011; and previously worked in that government as a resident consultant of governance and economic reforms.
Highlights of our experience
Our experience includes –
- forensic audit services to the Federal Inland Revenue Service in respect of its various accounts operated and maintained with banks in Nigeria;
- sundry advisory work to a state government, including restructuring of a public utility enterprise, revenue enhancement, and public private partnerships.
- support to the Central Bank of Nigeria on the bank recapitalisation policy, which led to the consolidation of banks and the largest realignment of the sector in Nigerian history;
- legislative support to the Bureau of Pubic Enterprises and the Federal Ministry of Power;
- input to the Senate and House of Representative Committees on the proposed Downstream Gas Bill;
- preparation and review of tender/bid documents, contracts and other documentation required for telecoms universal access pilot-schemes project covering some rural and semi-rural locations in Nigeria, as part of a World Bank-financed project;
- support to the Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative on various aspects of the implementation of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative in Nigeria; and
- support to a UK Department for International Development funded donor project on the potential for the use of fiscal incentives to boost the use of solar energy in Nigeria.